Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Ok, here's what I don't get
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Friday, April 13, 2007

Ok, here's what I don't get

if i stepped into a position like karl rove's, a deputy chief of staff to the president of the united states, i would be humbled by what i would consider to be a sacred obligation to serve my country in the most upstanding, ethical, squeakiest clean way possible, to serve as nothing less than a paragon of virtue that would bring honor to me, my boss, and my country... every single day, i would be cognizant that i was not there to serve anything other than the common good, and all that i did must meet that end... when i worked at united airlines, there was no question in my mind that we were there to provide a safe, reliable, efficient, economical, and fast way to move people and goods from one point to another...

yeah, i know there are lots of different kinds of people out there and it's evident that there aren't nearly enough who think like i do, but what, i would like to know, makes it such a difficult concept that it doesn't take root in the minds of our public servants...? it irritates the ever-loving shit outta me to have to read crap like this...

[I]n January 2006, special prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald informed the Scooter Libby defense team that some of Rove’s emails from his White House account in 2003 were not saved as required by federal law.

[...]

The controversy surrounding Rove this week has involved his RNC email account. The RNC acknowledged that, while they instituted a new policy in 2004 to preserve emails, there appear to be no records from White House senior political adviser Karl Rove until 2005, leaving open “the possibility that Rove had personally deleted the missing e-mails.” According to the RNC, the Committee took action specifically and singularly against Rove in 2005 to keep him “from deleting his e-mails from the RNC server.”

one of the things foremost in my mind would be that everything i did would be part of the historical record, potentially available and open at any time to public scrutiny, something i would consider right and appropriate for someone serving as a steward of the public trust... i would be almost obsessive about making sure that records were properly kept, maintained, and accessible right from the moment i first set foot in my office... i guess that's just me...

Labels: , , , , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page