Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: I think I mentioned earlier that I'm likin' Mike Gravel more and more
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Monday, May 21, 2007

I think I mentioned earlier that I'm likin' Mike Gravel more and more

yep, i did... every time i read something about him, my opinion of him goes up...
"If [Mitt Romney's] the nominee, I'd eat his lunch," Gravel said in an interview with the Worcester (Ind.) Telegram & Gazette, referring to the former Massachusetts governor.

Gravel, whose support hovers between 0 and 1 percent in polls of Democratic voters, created waves with his bombastic performance in the first debate among the Democratic candidates. He is advocating a series of unorthodox policies including establishing a national ballot initiative that would have Americans voting on most of the country's laws and a replacement of the current tax code with a universal sales tax.

The sales tax, which Gravel insists would not be regressive, would provide for cost-of-living assistance to cover food, shelter and transportation for the poor.

"Now, the poor person is either on welfare or sleeping under the bridge,” Mr. Gravel told the newspaper. “This would provide a cash flow to the poor.”

Much of Gravel's support comes from anti-war activists excited about his calls for an immediate withdraw of all US troops from Iraq. He said US trouble in Iraq is "identical" to the situation the country found itself in during the Vietnam war.

i can hardly believe i'm saying this, cuz when it first occurred to me, i thought it was one of the more flaky things i'd come up with, but the idea of a gravel/paul ticket is sounding better and better every day... besides, i would LOVE to see him eat mitt romney's lunch...

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page