Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Headline non sequitur of the day
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Headline non sequitur of the day

today's wapo...
Wolfowitz Promises Changes in Leadership

World Bank Chief Won't Resign, Lawyer Says

o-o-o-o-o-ooook...
World Bank President Paul D. Wolfowitz met yesterday with senior managers to promise unspecified changes in his leadership and to appeal for their help, even as he hired a prominent defense lawyer to represent him.

"I want to make sure his rights are fully protected," said Robert S. Bennett, whom Wolfowitz retained on Saturday.

i do believe the change in his leadership people are asking for has been very well "specified..."
"He is not going to resign," Bennett said after meeting with Wolfowitz this weekend. "His mood is just fine. . . . He feels people are trying to interfere with his job to get at world poverty, and he wants to get this thing behind him so that he can concentrate 100 percent of his effort."

where have we just recently heard the same refrain...?
"As long as I think that I can be effective and the president believes that I should continue to be at the head of the Department of Justice, I'll continue serving," [Alberto Gonzales] told reporters.

"I am focused on making sure our kids are safe, making sure our neighborhoods are safe, making sure our consumers are safe," said Gonzales at a Federal Trade Commission press conference on identity theft.

i will lay very good money (money which i don't have and shouldn't be wagering) that these scarily similar talking points can be traced back to karl rove...

Labels: , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page