Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Nun Denied Communion (Theoligarchy Watch, Faith-Based Dept., Local Div., May 15)
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Nun Denied Communion (Theoligarchy Watch, Faith-Based Dept., Local Div., May 15)

why, i just posted this story last week and now, guess what...? it's b-a-a-a-a-ck...

A Roman Catholic priest denied communion to more than 100 people Sunday, saying they could not receive the sacrament because they wore rainbow-colored sashes to church to show support for gay Catholics.

so, what's poor rev. michael sklucazek to do...? his boss, archbishop harry flynn wrote a letter warning everybody that if they wore a rainbow sash to church, they couldn't receive communion and the uppity s-o-b's went ahead and did it anyway...

Sister Gabriel Herbers said she wore a sash to show sympathy for the gay and lesbian community. Their sexual orientation ''is a gift from God just as much as my gift of being a female is,'' she said.

so, a NUN was denied communion... that all-male catholic patriarchy has some cojones, now doesn't it...?

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page