Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: The farce is with us again.
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Sunday, May 22, 2005

The farce is with us again.

Ann McFeatters in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette casts a wary eye on the latest revoltin' development...
I find it puzzling that just as "Star Wars" mania has broken out again around the globe, the Bush administration has leaked its plans to try to weaponize space.

[...]

I find it puzzling that the administration thinks sending Laura Bush to the Middle East will ameliorate the growing hatred for America even as the White House apparently assumes other countries won't mind if we try to figure out ways to launch -- by ourselves, without the rest of the world -- weapons into space.

gee, do ya think they'll mind...? i mean, what's the big deal...? just cuz some obscene piece of space technology capable of seeing what's on your computer screen and sending a high-energy laser burst down your toilet vent flies over your house every couple of hours is no reason to go getting your knickers all in a twist...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page