Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Quote of the week
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Friday, May 20, 2005

Quote of the week

after all the simpering, pandering wh press briefings where the pall of fear and public chastisement hangs in the air like cigarette smoke in a blue-highways bar and correspondents would rather pee themselves than draw the spotlight by asking a tough question, the newsweek affair seems to have struck a chord... case in point: terry moran of abc news who lobbed this hand grenade at the podium and stepped back and watched scott mcclellan scramble...

"With respect, who made you the editor of Newsweek? Do you think it's appropriate for you, at that podium, speaking with the authority of the President of the United States, to tell an American magazine what they should print?"

"with respect..." ya gotta love it... and where does it go from there...? why downhill, of course... (full transcript here...)

MR. McCLELLAN: I'm not telling them. I'm saying that we would encourage them to help --

Q You're pressuring them.

MR. McCLELLAN: No, I'm saying that we would encourage them --

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page