Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: United Airlines - sorry-ass bunch at the top, poor bastards at the bottom (IN PROGRESS)
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Saturday, May 21, 2005

United Airlines - sorry-ass bunch at the top, poor bastards at the bottom (IN PROGRESS)

yes, i have been screwed by united, repeatedly, and with great vigor...

following my 9/11 layoff, after watching my $40K of "employee-owner" stock vanish without a trace upon the declaration of bankruptcy (AFTER it had already been reduced to near-worthlessness by the clowns running the company at that time), after applauding the new ceo only to find out that he was merely another clown masquerading as a manager, after filing to receive my paltry pension and managing to collect two years out of the ten due me, united defaults on its pension programs which essentially means i can kiss the remaining eight years goodbye...

while i've never been a big fan of the pilots (their work slow-down in the summer of 2000, fueled by naked greed, was at least partly instrumental in the company's deep dive after 9/11), they have an enviable ability to express outrage like no other group i know... read the following letter to the end... i doubt anyone could express it better... also, be sure to read his FOOTNOTE at the end... retribution is alive and well... (bold mine...)


May 12, 2005

You have made it painfully clear how unimportant ALL United's employees are to you at the top management level.

(more)

After enduring your antics for the past several years, I shouldn't be surprised by your pathetic and disgusting behavior. However, I had hoped maybe you might find some decency in yourselves by now.

You are nothing less than thieving, lying, marauding corporate Pirates, pretending to be astute businessmen dressed in suits. You hang around for a few years, destroy our futures, degrade and abuse all who work for the good of the company, collect your bonuses and disappear with your golden parachutes. What is amazing is the fact YOU are never accountable nor is it ever YOUR fault when your own decisions are disastrous.

The Pilot group which has given you all they hold dear is rapidly becoming aware of the deception and utter lack of integrity from UAL management! I am disappointed in our weak ALPA [Airline Pilots Association] leadership and how you have exploited our lack of strength and unity to fight for our very existence. However, this apathy on our part may change in light of your most recent abhorrent behavior. Many of us are ready for war!

I doubt you have a clue just how distressed most of us are. Pilots have spent years training and educating themselves for what has become an inconsequential temporary JOB that is not worth the stress and hardship on ourselves and families! Many are now actively seeking to escape UAL or even the airline industry all together from what was formerly a respected career.

The presumption there is little you can do to get back on tract [sic] is absurd. You have bankrupt [sic] UAL, stolen our stock, destroyed our pensions, reduced our salaries to ridiculous levels, degraded and abused us all, and yet you are not accountable!?!? I suspect all of this has been a grand plan, but many of my peers just think you're idiots! The truth is most likely a mix of these reasons amongst you.

There are just no words to describe the disgust and contempt I hold for all of you. I will forever be unwilling to trust or even listen to the drivel you unscrupulous nitwits infect this company with! Ironic you keep your pensions while you continue to slash and burn your most important asset; All the people who once made United great!

Sincerely,

FOOTNOTE

I still have a job SO FAR, but I was removed from flight status and sent home while in London UK as per [the] LAX flight manager. He and I don't like each other and have had problems in the past. I'm told a flight was cancelled because of this mess, but I can't confirm it. My ALPA rep is handling it now and it looks like a psyche [sic] evaluation is coming this week. More will probably happen Monday when all the suits get back into the office. I will update as things unfold. I am in the middle of this shit storm, but you can help by informing your contacts. If they fire me, I will try to go to the media as this pension crap is being watched closely.

Thank you for your support

if this sounds suspiciously like he's talking about the bush administration, stop and think about how the repub theoligarchy is blessing this kind of corporate abuse...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page