Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Screw current events - I'm in GREECE
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Screw current events - I'm in GREECE

i'd forgotten - actually,i'm not sure i ever really KNEW - what REAL vacations were like... i've been here in siviri, halkidiki peninsula, greece, since last tuesday... every day has been a slow start, up at 8, breakfast, shower, to the beach by 10:30-11... back to the room by 1:30-2... a nap... back to the beach at 5... then a little dinner followed by more sittin' around, takin' it easy, and then bed by 10... vacations in the u.s. seem to be characterized by "what are we going to do next?"... not here... the flow is slow, slow, slow, and, once you get used to it, it's just terrific...

needless to say, my interest in keeping up with current events is somewhat less than normal...

Labels: , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page