Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: We need an open internet - "That's Bullshit" with Sam Seder
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Friday, August 13, 2010

We need an open internet - "That's Bullshit" with Sam Seder

i've lost track of the petitions and pleas and letters and faxes i've signed and sent begging that the internet be allowed to remain open and unconstrained by greedy corporations hell-bent on profits...

the combo of my laptop and rapid, readily available internet access literally makes my current life possible... every few months, i'm on the move, conducting my personal life and my business from different cities, different time zones, different countries and different continents... from the keyboard of my laptop, i shop, make travel arrangements, conduct business correspondence, make phone calls, hold business meetings, keep in touch with family and friends, do my banking, conduct research, post material for students in my classes, keep up with news and current events, and a thousand and one other things that are an essential part of my daily routine... the last thing i need is to have some money-crazed corporation telling me what i can access and what i can't or throwing pay-as-you-go speed bumps in the way of doing what i need to do...

sam seder courtesy of atrios...




capitalism and the profit motive ran amok a long time ago... there's going to come a time - and i predict it will be soon - when there will simply be no more blood money to be squeezed from us turnips peasants...

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page