Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Brief update
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Brief update

my last post was on sunday from prishtina, kosovo, where i was waiting for the baggage that had been delayed due to a very short connection between my reno-san francisco flight and the san francisco-frankfurt flight... i finally got both bags on monday morning, after which i took the bus to skopje and then yesterday drove with friends here to siviri on the halkidiki peninsula south of thessaloniki, greece...

siviri is on the beach and is full of greeks and residents of the balkans enjoying the last weeks of summer... it's hot and crowded but most pleasant nonetheless... last evening, i watched the sunset from a little restaurant/bar while eating aubergine croquets, nibbling greek olives, sipping ouzo and puffing on a good stogie... life is good...


Photobucket

Photobucket

Labels: , , , , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page