Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Banksters: ‘Quite frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn’
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Monday, November 09, 2009

Banksters: ‘Quite frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn’

let them eat cake... who gives a shit about the peasants when you can collect a BONUS well over five times the median u.s. household income and, oh, btw, who gives a shit that billions of people around the world are STARVING TO DEATH...?
Three of the largest Wall Street firms -- which together received $45,000,000,000 in taxpayer bailouts -- are on track to hand out $29,700,000,000 in bonuses this year.

That's only the three largest firms. JP Morgan Chase took $25 billion in government aid; Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley, $10 billion each. All three have paid back the government bailout money they've received, but the liquidity and "cheap money" offered by the Fed have kindled record profits at their investment and trading arms.

According to analyst estimates published by Bloomberg News, the financial banking triumvirate will shell out $29.7 billion in bonuses this year -- up 60 percent from 2008, and higher than the previous record of $26.8 billion in 2007.

If divided equally among the firms' collective 119,000 employees, the sum total per worker comes to $250,400 each (which Bloomberg notes is almost five times the median US household income of $50,000).

“Wall Street is beginning to resemble Clark Gable as Rhett Butler in the film ‘Gone With the Wind’: ‘Quite frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn,’” Paul Hodgson, a compensation expert, told the wire. “It doesn’t seem as if even political threat, disastrous PR, envy, rising unemployment rates and home repossessions is enough to get any of these people to refuse the bonuses they have ‘earned.’”

what kind of people are these...? after visiting auschwitz-birkenau last week and seeing once again just how monstrous certain elements of the human race can be toward their fellow human beings, is THIS kind of behavior any the less complicit...? just because they're not sitting in watchtowers or manning gas chambers doesn't mean they're not forcing people into misery and death by grabbing such a disproportionate share of the world's resources for themselves... and don't give me any crap about it isn't a sin to be rich... after a certain point, a point well in excess of any reasonable definition of "rich," you're guilty as hell, believe me...

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page