Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Buenos Aires turns green
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Buenos Aires turns green



about six months ago, the city started putting out wheeled dumpsters on each block to replace the wire baskets on posts in front of each house, apartment building, or business establishment that had been the traditional repository for trash and the collection point for trash pick-up for who knows how many years... this is still not completely implemented city-wide, but the past week in my neighborhood, i noticed that the dumpsters were now appearing in two varieties - regular trash and recylables... whaddaya know, i thought to my self... buenos aires is going green... today, the flyer announcing the change arrived...


We separate for recycling
Buenos Aires recycles
Government of the City of Buenos Aires



I recycle
  • Recycle two glass bottles and save the energy necessary to boil one liter of water
  • Recycle an aluminum can and save sufficient energy to keep a television running for three hours
  • Recycle a Sunday newspaper for one year and avoid cutting down four trees
(The logos at the bottom are the various companies that contract with the city for trash collection.)

cool, huh...?

Labels: , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page