Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Moving in a new direction
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Moving in a new direction

i've been somewhat public in my recent angst over the direction of this blog (here and here)... some of my fellow bloggers have been most supportive (here, here, here, here and here)...

i had a brainstorm yesterday morning as i was drifting in and out of sleep prior to getting out of bed... i won't bore you with the details or the long story that led up to that neuro-meteorological event, but i will attempt to pique your curiosity just a bit...

if, as i believe, things are going to take an unexpected and dramatic turn for the better (no prediction on timeline here), we - and i'm speaking in global terms when i say "we" - are going to need a model for an entirely new way to live together... as a professional devoted to large system design and leadership, i think i have something to contribute to such a noble effort...

so what i intend to do is, in addition to the already-established direction of this blog, toss out some of my thinking related to community-building, people-powered governance and leadership, and how to go about designing systems to accommodate both... it goes without saying that i invite anyone who thinks they can add something to such thinking to do so...

for starters, let me introduce a visual of the macro concept which, in honor of my respect for latin american culture, i have christened "comunidades y viviendas," literally translated as "communities and dwellings..."




stay tuned...

Labels: , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page