Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Response to ProfMarcus: What To Do Next?
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Monday, August 06, 2007

Response to ProfMarcus: What To Do Next?

I was going to post this as a comment to ProfMarcus last post, but it got kinda long, so I thought I should actually post it.
Yes, this has been my same question for some time now. What to do next?
It just seems that most ordinary Americans are satisfied with looking the other way as long as it doesn't directly affect them. What they don't realize, and what you and others have been trying to illuminate, is that it has been affecting us for a long time.
People know there is something terribly wrong with our gov't, but the kids, the mortgage, the boss, that herniated disk, etc. keep their head in the sand. Additionally, why should they risk what they have? After all, they have a car, house, job. Things are good, aren't they?
If we allow our trusted leaders, who are the experts, protect us and guide us, everything will be fine.
A lot of loud nuts on the Internet might just spoil it and we might wind up living like those other people in the world. I'll just donate and extra few dollars to the United Way to help them. So ignore what those bloggers say and the problems will go away.
It's a cage, but the gold veneer is beginning to wear thin.

In answer to the original question, I think there are several options. I will leave it to all of you to discuss the pros and cons.
1)Do nothing. Bury your head in the sand.
2)Continue blogging.
3)Become active in one of the existing parties and try to change our gov't from within.
4)Try to start a new party.
5)Organize civil disobedience.
6)Coordinate with domestic extremists and engage in open revolt.
7)Emigrate to somewhere else.
I am certain I have missed at least one option. Each of these I have listed comes with a boatload of potential "issues".
Certain options above will certainly lead to, any who participate in it, winding up in a cell. Possibly for the rest of their life.
I just want to list all I can think of and talk about what might work.
One thing I will say, option #1 isn't an option for me. I do have my favorites, but I don't want to influence your thoughts, yet.
What do you think?

Labels: , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page