Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Horrified and disgusted
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Horrified and disgusted

this letter went out first thing this morning...
Dear Senators and Congressmen,

I will say this once and once only.

That both the Senate and the House both approved sweeping new, almost certainly unconstitutional, surveillance powers as dictated by the White House, after it has become completely clear that the Bush administration has no respect for the rule of law or the principles upon which the United States was founded, is a clear betrayal of our country.

I see George Bush, Dick Cheney and their fellow criminals as the most dangerous leaders the United States has ever been cursed with, and desperately pray every single day for their removal. I have now added the United States Senate and House of Representatives to that list.

To say that I am disappointed is a huge understatement. To be blunt, I am both horrified and disgusted - horrified at the shredding of civil liberties and disgusted that our elected leaders support our national descent into fascism.

Sincerely,

Labels: , , , , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page