Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: The do-it-yourself interrogation and torture kit, ready to be used at your very own black site
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

The do-it-yourself interrogation and torture kit, ready to be used at your very own black site

i confess, i haven't gone and read jane mayer's new yorker article on the cia's black sites simply because i haven't wanted to soil my mental and emotional state with any more of the bushco nightmare than has already been sprinkled around my neural synapses... i was just following a link from kos to digby and found myself reading this...
The C.I.A.’s interrogation program is remarkable for its mechanistic aura. "It’s one of the most sophisticated, refined programs of torture ever," an outside expert familiar with the protocol said. "At every stage, there was a rigid attention to detail. Procedure was adhered to almost to the letter. There was top-down quality control, and such a set routine that you get to the point where you know what each detainee is going to say, because you’ve heard it before. It was almost automated. People were utterly dehumanized. People fell apart. It was the intentional and systematic infliction of great suffering masquerading as a legal process. It is just chilling."

the do-it-yourself torture kit... just follow the easy, illustrated instructions...

Labels: , , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page