Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Maybe there is something to this income tax protest after all
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Maybe there is something to this income tax protest after all

What if we could end the war by ending funding for the war, but not by waiting for the NeoCon co-dependents in Congress to act, but by acting ourselves?
From the folks at Cryptogon
.
Attorney Acquitted on Federal Income Tax Charges
July 19th, 2007

Maybe the Browns should have hired this guy for their trial…

Via: Shreveport Times:

A Shreveport attorney who has challenged the government for years on the legality of filing federal income taxes has been acquitted on charges he failed to file returns.

A federal jury unanimously found Tommy Cryer not guilty this week on two misdemeanor counts of failure to file.

And according to Cryer, the prosecution dismissed two felony charges of tax evasion prior to trial.
[...]
“The court could not find a law that makes me liable or makes my revenues taxable,” Cryer said. “The Supreme Court has ruled that the government cannot impose an income tax on anything but the profits and gains. When you work for someone you give your service and labor in exchange for money, so everything you make is not profit or gain. You put something into it.”(emphasis added)

I have discovered, in my research of the writings of the Founders, that there is a precedent for this idea.
Cryer was indicted last year on two counts of tax evasion. The indictment alleged he evaded payment of $73,000 in income tax to the Internal Revenue Service during 2000 and 2001.
[...]
“I determined that my personal earnings were not 100 percent profits, some were income,” Cryer said. “I refuse to file, I refuse to pay unless they can show me I have a lawful reason to pay.”
“What I earned was my own personal labor. I am giving something in exchange. I’m giving my property and I don’t belong to anyone else.”
Cryer says he stopped filing returns more than 10 years ago after he investigated claims that income tax was a sham. He contends the law doesn’t actually tax personal earning.

Hmm, I bet the crooks in DC act on this with legislation PDQ. Can't have folks running around exercising their rights by not paying a tax that isn't supported by law.
They might not be able to continue corporate globalization, the war, or the end of the US Constitution.
How would you like to join a class action suit against the Federal Gov't to recover all the income tax you ever paid?

Labels: , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page