Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Post-thunderstorm sunset, high desert, 8:16 p.m. PDT, 30 May
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Post-thunderstorm sunset, high desert, 8:16 p.m. PDT, 30 May

towards later afternoon, i noticed some thunderheads building up over the eastern sierra foothills... they didn't look too serious, but they were nice to see after the endless procession of sunny, dry, and windy days that are the norm around here... then, to my surprise, lo and behold, for about 45 minutes between 7 and 8, we had an honest-to-god thunderstorm, lightning flashing, thunder booming, fat raindrops falling, and even a little hail... naturally, the temperature dropped about 15 degrees as well... i stuck my nose out the back door after it was over to smell the wet sage, one of my all-time favorite smells, before heading back inside to - where else? - the laptop... suddenly, one of the grandsons was banging on my door, hollering, "grandpa, grandpa, come see the sunset..." so, here ya are... enjoy...



Labels: , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page