Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Help Russ end the war? Sure, why not.
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Help Russ end the war? Sure, why not.

nothing ventured...

Dear Friend,

The latest version of the Iraq Supplemental Appropriations Bill is scheduled to come to a vote this week and I will not support it. It is a toothless measure that gives a blank check to the President and does nothing to end our involvement in Iraq.

We've made great strides in recent weeks and months in our combined effort to end one of the biggest mistakes in the history of our country and redeploy our brave men and women out of Iraq. That said, the President and some members of Congress, from both sides of the aisle, still haven't acknowledged the message the American people sent last November.

Last week the Feingold-Reid bill that would use Congress's 'power of the purse' to end the war in Iraq was voted on in the Senate. The procedural vote was another step forward in our effort. It put the majority of Senate Democrats on record calling for a firm end date for this misguided war, and I'm already looking for the next opportunity to push this important legislation forward. I'm continuing to fight every step of the way and today I'm asking you once again to help spread the message that the time for the war in Iraq to end is now.

Today, the Progressive Patriots Fund is launching a new online effort to promote awareness of my legislation and encourage individual initiative in reversing the reckless leadership President Bush has demonstrated through his Iraq policy.

[...]

Together, we can harness the power of the online community and force Congress to use its constitutional power to end this disastrous war.

Thank you for all of your support and for standing with me time and time again.

Sincerely,

Russ Feingold
United States Senator
Honorary Chair, Progressive Patriots Fund

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page