Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Pretending to vote, pretending to live in a democracy
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Pretending to vote, pretending to live in a democracy

late on a sunday afternoon, following a high-desert "spring" day of rain, snow, sleet, wind, and the occasional cameo appearance of the sun, larisa's mood matches my own...
If only we had a Congress or an FBI or some body to do their duty and honor their oath of office. If only we had a fully functional fourth estate to cover this story with the same obsessive focus as when they covered Ann Nicole Smith's death. If only we could make a citizen's arrest without being put on the no fly list. Oh well, we can pretend to vote, just like we can pretend we live in a democracy.

< sigh > if only...

Labels: , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page