Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Steve Clemons on Bolton
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Steve Clemons on Bolton

steve clemons deserves a vacation just like everybody else but i sure am glad he's back in the saddle... the guest bloggers just didn't do it for me...
Perhaps John Bolton is modeling himself on Andrei Gromyko, the famous "Mr. Nyet" who said 'No' more often than anything else starting in 1946 when he went as the Soviet Ambassador to the U.N. followed by nearly three decades as the USSR's Foreign Minister.

Maybe Bolton's calculation is that if he follows the Gromyko model -- disagreeable temperament included -- he may continue to work his way up the political ladder.

Secretary Bolton? Good thing we have a democracy to stop him.

oh, steve... i'm not sure we have a democracy any more... in fact, i'm not sure we ever had one...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page