Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Sunday photoblogging: the last of the fall flowers and a surprise
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sunday photoblogging: the last of the fall flowers and a surprise

i was deadheading the orange coneflower in the front garden patch late this afternoon so the remaining blossoms would have a chance to bask in all their glory before the hard frost hits that's expected around tuesday or wednesday...

Photobucket

i lifted up the stems and blossoms and, lo and behold, what did i find...!


Photobucket

yes, a clutch of hatched quail eggs... there are a ton of quail in the area but it was amazing to find them here, particularly given that the nest is right next to the front porch and the parents had to sneak in and out without being seen... they did a right good job of not being discovered...

Labels: , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page