Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Yes, I know Hillary's portfolio is focused OUTSIDE the U.S.
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Yes, I know Hillary's portfolio is focused OUTSIDE the U.S.

and, yes, as secretary of state, i know that's the way it is for hillary... however, when you're dishing out advice to other countries, you should REALLY be careful of the old "those who live in glass houses" dilemma...

here's hill talking about recent events in tunisia...

Thursday, Secretary Clinton delivered what the New York Times called a "scalding critique" to Arab leaders at a conference in Qatar.

"The region's foundations are sinking into the sand," Clinton said, calling for "political reforms that will create the space young people are demanding, to participate in public affairs and have a meaningful role in the decisions that shape their lives." Those who would "prey on desperation and poverty are already out there," Clinton warned, "appealing for allegiance and competing for influence."

dontcha kinda think, hill, m'dear, that there are a lot of people, young and old, in the united states who might like to "participate in public affairs and have a meaningful role in the decisions that shape their lives"...? yaknowhutimean, hill...?

Labels: , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page