Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: I'll be damned if I stop voicing my 100% justified criticism of the President
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I'll be damned if I stop voicing my 100% justified criticism of the President

i'm 100% committed to seeing my country live up to the ideals it claims to support, the ideals it was founded on, and i'm deathly sick and tired of subtly - and not so subtly - being accused of being anti-american and somehow subversive because i want my country to walk its talk... and please don't tell me that such criticism somehow tarnishes the democrats and the obama administration... if there's one bipartisan effort currently taking place in the united states that can truly be said to be successful, it's the democrats and republicans joining hands with our super-rich elites to plunder the nation and the world to satisfy their own endless needs for more money and power...

glenn...

The country is drowning in a severe and worsening unemployment crisis. People are losing their homes by the millions. Income inequality continues to explode while the last vestiges of middle class security continue to erode. The Obama civil liberties record has been nothing short of a disgrace, usually equaling and sometimes surpassing the worst of the Bush/Cheney abuses. We have to stand by and watch the Commander-in-Chief fire one gay service member after the next for their sexual orientation. The major bills touted by Obama supporters were the by-product of the very corporatist/lobbyist dominance which Obama the candidate repeatedly railed against. Rather than take responsibility for any of this, they instead dismiss criticisms and objections as petulant, childish, "irresponsible whining" -- signaling rather clearly that they think they're doing the right thing and that these criticisms are fundamentally unfair.

as much as i hate to say it, i see the escalating criticisms of the left coming from the obama administration as part and parcel of a general move to limit dissent in any form along with the alarming expansion of any and all means to identify it and root it out no matter how unconstitutional the means...

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page