Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Emotional kids when daddy comes home
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Emotional kids when daddy comes home

despite being a vietnam veteran, despite having worked in the war zone of afghanistan off and on for the past 18 months, and despite typing this as i'm working here in post-war kosovo, i am very far from a flag-waving, mindless supporter of our "troops"...

i think our militarized society has gone way overboard in practically canonizing those who do our country's dirty work, work done at the behest of those with the money and power to take them away from their families to suffer psychological trauma, possibly grave injury, disability and even death...

however, we should never, ever forget that those who serve in our military, even though they are often pawns in a larger game, are nonetheless fellow human beings who love their families as much or maybe even more than the rest of us do...

and, yes, i get this treatment from my grandsons when i arrive back home after a long time away...




thanks to alternet...

Labels: , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page