Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Repulsive tv advertising tag lines
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Repulsive tv advertising tag lines

yeah, i confess, i've been watching more television than is probably good for my mental and emotional health...

here's some of the tag lines guaranteed to make me retch...


"Fill up on more drama"
- promo for "Bridezillas," a reality show on We TV

"You're gonna look real fly"
- faux rap music ad for Fruit of the Loom

"I chose to get my daughter vaccinated against cervical cancer"
- ad for the drug Gardasil, manufactured by Merck, masquerading as a public service announcement

"Your purchase can help save wildlife caught in oil spills"
- an ad for Dawn, a dishwashing detergent advertised as being particularly effective against grease

"Disney will plant a tree in your honor"
- a Disney ad whose subject I've evidently chosen to forget

"I'm packing my own lunch today for less than $3 thanks to Walmart"
- ad for Walmart touting how much you can save by making your own lunch with ingredients purchased there (as opposed to going out for lunch, presumably for fast food)

"We're out to buy $200M in gold by the end of summer"
- ad for Cash4Gold.com

"To live large you have to see it large"
- ad for something I definitely chose to forget

Labels:

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page