Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Have I mentioned lately just how DISGUSTED I am watching money being thrown at failed companies?
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Monday, March 02, 2009

Have I mentioned lately just how DISGUSTED I am watching money being thrown at failed companies?

huh...? have i...? huh...? huh...?
The U.S. government threw a new $30 billion lifeline to American International Group Inc on Sunday as the embattled insurer prepared to report the biggest quarterly loss in corporate history.

AIG's board approved a new rescue package that also includes more lenient terms on a government investment in its preferred shares and a lower interest rate on a government credit line, two sources familiar with the matter said.

Details will be announced on Monday when AIG is expected to report a fourth-quarter loss of about $60 billion -- roughly $460,000 per minute.

fuck 'em...! these outfits have led us directly down the garden path to financial and economic RUIN and we're rewarding and reinforcing their behavior...??? do we honestly believe for one friggin' second they're somehow going to magically transform themselves into paragons of financial responsibility on the back of u.s. taxpayers...??? i don't freakin' think so...

Labels: , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page