Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Monday and Tuesday Kabul photoblogging on Thursday
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Monday and Tuesday Kabul photoblogging on Thursday

Photobucket

rain mixed with snow was the scene here in kabul most of last week up through this past monday... tuesday morning dawned bright and sparklingly clear and the snow on the hindu kush mountains was a sight to behold...

this was the view out my office window on monday... nothing but slop and mud up to the hubcaps... (note: after looking at this post on the blog, i realized i had neglected to mention that the photo below shows the STREET that goes past the office, just in case anyone looking at it might have thought it was just a muddy alley...)


Photobucket

contrast the mess in the photo above with the magnificent, snow-covered panorama as seen from the rooftop of the guesthouse early tuesday morning...

Photobucket

Labels: , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page