Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: So much for the advocates of free-markets, capitalism and small government as we watch them rush madly to Washington, tin cup in hand
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

So much for the advocates of free-markets, capitalism and small government as we watch them rush madly to Washington, tin cup in hand

pathetic...

otoh, with the printing presses cranking out trillions of dollars 'round the clock that are seemingly up for grabs, you don't want to be the last one in line...

A Lobbying Frenzy For Federal Funds

With Congress poised to vote on a rescue for the nation's auto industry and President-elect Barack Obama promising to launch a massive public spending program, Capitol Hill has once again become the scene of a lobbying free-for-all, with industry and local governments alike seeking some of the billions in taxpayer dollars that Congress is likely to spend in the not-too-distant future.

While some of the lobbying has been conducted by the usual hands on K Street, a parade of trade groups, unions and business owners have chosen to voice their pleas in person.

do ya suppose if i could afford my own lobbyist or even to pay my own way to d.c., i'd be up there elbowing at the trough with the rest of 'em...? i guess the reality is that, if i could afford my own lobbyist, i'd had to have been a different kind of person to begin with, dontcha think...?

Labels: , , , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page