Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Wonderful news! [UPDATE - Dow closes down 777.68]
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Monday, September 29, 2008

Wonderful news! [UPDATE - Dow closes down 777.68]

look, i don't wish anyone ill in a financial collapse... i've got a small nestegg - very small - tucked away in a 401K and my oldest son and his wife are watching theirs vanish before their eyes... but, let's get real... the bailout bill wasn't designed to do anything but preserve the status quo with a little window dressing thrown in to appease the masses and let our so-called progressive, liberal democrat congressfolks claim that they have the common good of the country at heart... horsehockey, as mash's colonel potter used to say...

meanwhile, take a look at the dow jones as of 3:37 p.m. edt...


Photobucket

[UPDATE]

yikeys...! now THAT'S a steep tumble...!
Dow Jones Industrial Average

29 Sep 16:30 10365.45 -777.68

Labels: , , , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page