Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Looks to me like an Israeli is executing a Palestinian [UPDATE]
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Monday, July 21, 2008

Looks to me like an Israeli is executing a Palestinian [UPDATE]

PhotobucketPhotobucket

but, of course, the headline has to read as follows...
Israeli Army EXAMINES shooting video
[emphasis added]



Video of an Israeli soldier apparently shooting a blind-folded Palestinian detainee at close range has been released by an Israeli human rights group.

B'Tselem say the incident took place during protests against Israel's West Bank barrier about two weeks ago.

The video is blurred when the gunfire echoes and it is unclear whether the Palestinian was hit.

The detainee is later seen lying on the ground at the feet of a group of Israeli soldiers.

yes, i do realize that almost anything can be done with today's electronic wizardry to make things appear as you want them to appear rather than how they really are, but i also know, thanks to csi and other such forensic crime shows, that electronic wizardry leaves traces... my hunch is that an israeli human rights group wouldn't be so stupid as to release a doctored video clip, but, ya never know...

[UPDATE]

it was a rubber bullet which only makes it slightly less horrific...

al jazeera...


Labels: , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page