Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: One of the most brilliant smiles imaginable
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

One of the most brilliant smiles imaginable

Photobucket

this photo was taken by an afghan friend and colleague... the setting is the iran-afghanistan border where the big, long-haul trucks wait to get through the customs checkpoint... the young boy begs for a liter here and a liter there of petrol from the truckers to put in the container he is carrying and sells what he can collect to drivers along the road... he also collects a few afs (currency in afghanistan is referred to as "afs") for keeping watch over the trucks while the truckers grab something to eat at the food stalls or catch some sleep in their cabs... when my friend aimed his camera at this gasoline-soaked, greasy little urchin, he broke into one of the most brilliant smiles imaginable...

Photobucket

if this photo doesn't touch something deep inside you, you might need to check to see if you still have a pulse...

Labels: , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page