Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Al Jazeera English reports on the endless Iraq war
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Al Jazeera English reports on the endless Iraq war

i've watched bits and pieces of this on al jazeera and was glad to see they posted it... my sense is that it's reasonably objective and, based on what i've learned from being the news junkie i am, pretty accurate... and, of course, it offers a perspective you simply won't find on u.s. domestic news outlets...

War Without End: 2006 - 26 May 08 - Part 1



War Without End: 2006 - 26 May 08 - Part 2



just for your info, al jazeera english posts most of its special features and even a fair chunk of its regular news programs on youtube here... since, to my knowledge, most u.s. cable and satellite tv services don't carry it, it's a good way of staying in touch with what they're putting out there...

don't get me wrong... i'm not claiming that they have any more of a grasp on "the truth" than any other news outlet... the value in watching them, i've found, is that it forces me to look at things from a different angle, and also puts stuff in front of my face that, spun or not, i simply didn't know about...

Labels: , , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page