Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Light posting day
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Friday, April 25, 2008

Light posting day

it's 8:10 p.m. saturday evening here in kabul, 8:40 a.m. saturday morning on the u.s. west coast, 9:40 a.m. u.s. mountain time, 10:40 a.m. u.s. central time, 11:40 a.m. on the u.s. east coast, 12:40 p.m. in argentina, and 5:40 p.m. central european time... that pretty much covers the times zones of the people near and dear to me...

it's been a very sunny, slow and lazy day for me... my one-day "weekend" is friday but this week, tomorrow and sunday are afghan national holidays because, as i explained in a previous post, sunday is afghanistan independence day, the day afghanistan celebrates getting rid of the brits in 1919...

in celebration of actually having a decent amount of time to refresh and re-charge (altho' i will keep working on and off anyway as is my wont), i'm not going to knock myself out posting... for one thing, my internet service was down all morning and half the afternoon, which forced me to do some unaccustomed leisure reading and - no kidding - to lie in the sun for an hour or so on the balcony... it was just the ticket and i've slowed my pace considerably... this is a very good thing because it's the first time i've actually seriously kicked back since before i left buenos aires on march 24...

so...

if brother tim or jim is so moved, they can put up some posts... for me, i'm going to go read some more and then hit the sack...

p.s. check out how my colleagues and i arrange skype conference call times...


World Meeting Planner

Labels: , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page