Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Unbelievable...! Our government says we should trust them with all of our private information...!
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Unbelievable...! Our government says we should trust them with all of our private information...!

sure... take my credit card account numbers, my email and online chat records, my internet telephone conversations (i just concluded a two-hour business conference call linking myself, austin, texas, and buenos aires, argentina), my mobile phone calls, my atm withdrawals, my airline travel records, even my supermarket affinity card transactions... great god almighty, we simply MUST put a stop to this...!
A top intelligence official says it is time people in the United States changed their definition of privacy.

Privacy no longer can mean anonymity, says Donald Kerr, the principal deputy director of national intelligence. Instead, it should mean that government and businesses properly safeguards people's private communications and financial information.

it's so obvious, we are being desensitized to having our civil liberties taken away and our constitution rendered essentially meaningless...

(thanks to john at americablog...)

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page