Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: A letter to my Senators, my Congressman and Speaker Pelosi
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

A letter to my Senators, my Congressman and Speaker Pelosi

written to senators harry reid, john ensign, congressman dean heller, and speaker nancy pelosi...
There is a reason why, when Senator Chris Dodd announced his intent to put a hold on the Senate FISA bill granting telecom immunity and later that he would filibuster the bill after Senator Harry Reid indicated he would allow it to come to the floor anyway, that Senator Dodd's popularity and campaign contributions soared.

My expectation, which i now see to have been pure fantasy, has always been that, sooner or later, our esteemed Congress would take serious, forceful steps to remedy a downhill luge run to an authoritarian state. I see now that I was mistaken.

Our country is in the grip of a critical constitutional crisis, perpetrated by the biggest gang of criminals to ever occupy the White House and the crimes are being aided and abetted by the members of Congress, Democratic and Republican alike.

This is not a plea for action. The purpose of this communication is to tell you that I have given up on you and your colleagues. I no longer believe that you are acting in the best interests of the citizens of the United States nor do I believe that you are upholding your sworn oath to preserve and protect the United States Constitution.

I hope you are all paying close attention. Our country is heading toward disaster and no one is at the helm.

Sincerely,

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page