Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Brendan Skwire phones Senator Jay Rockefeller's office
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Brendan Skwire phones Senator Jay Rockefeller's office

entirely too good to pass up... brendan posts over at booman tribune and at brendan calling...
Ring. Riiiiiiing.

"Hello, Senator Rockefeller's office."

"Hi there, my name's Brendan Skwire, and I need some help from the Senator.
"It seems I've broken a few laws, and I'm looking at a felony conviction.

The judge has pretty much rejected my arguments of innocence, so I was wondering how much it will cost me to get Senator Rockefeller to write an ex post facto bill giving me immunity from my crimes. I don't have as much money as AT&T, but since Senator Rockefeller's selling indulgences, I was wondering how much it'll cost me. Can you give me some idea?"

"Sir, if you'd just look at Senator Rockefeller's website, he explai--"

"Oh yeah, I've been to his website. And I've also been reading about how the Senator didn't get any donations to speak of from AT&T until 2006-2007, when it spiked by nearly $20,000, so I've been wondering how much will it cost me to buy Senator Rockefeller?"

"Sir, I'll pass your message along."

"Thanks. Hey, why's he doing this anyway? He's independently wealthy, and doesn't need the $25,000 or whatever."

"Sir--"

"And what gives him the right to sell of my Fourth Amendment rights? Those rights aren't his to sell, and they're worth a hell of a lot more than a measley $25,000. You might even say they're priceless."

"I'll pass your message along." -Click-

Jay Rockefeller deserves to burn in Hell for his shameful sell-out. The man is no better than Quisling or Petain. Tom Paine, Ben Franklin, and the rest of the Founding Fathers are spinning in their graves right now.

yes, he does deserve to burn in hell, right next to MY senator, harry reid...

Labels: , , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page