Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Why I Wouldn't Vote For Ron Paul-Apology
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Why I Wouldn't Vote For Ron Paul-Apology

Apologies to Dr. Ron Paul,
The quote below, taken from Hot Air, was not complete on that site. I was able to find the rest of it at Ace of Spades site. Ron Paul, no apparent relation to Dr. Ron Paul the candidate, pointed out the quote was part of a joke post. This appears to be true. Dr. Ron Paul did give a short radio interview where he does state he is not affiliated with the "Trutherism" group(s) and he doesn't believe that the gov't was involved in 911. I hope that Dr. Ron Paul does, however, have an open mind toward the idea of continued LEGITIMATE investigation into the 911 attack.
My failure to properly confirm the quote below not only damages the credibility of further investigation into that important issue, but it is also an unfair attack of Dr. Ron Paul.
I still can't vote for a candidate running as a memeber of either party for reasons I have posted in the past, however, this will not be one of those reasons.
I won't remove the original post I made below. I refuse to hide my mistake and I take full responsibility for my errors.
All I can ask is that ProfMarcus, my fellow contributors, the readers of this blog, Ron Paul, and Dr. Ron Paul accept my apology for my error.


Below is the original post.
Like I have said before, I won't speculate if the US gov't was in any way involved with the destruction on 911, but there is a lot of very rational, technical and sensible reasons to investigate the failures of those buildings in further detail.
If only for basic building and fire safety reasons, we need to understand how fuel driven fires caused the actual implosions.
Ron Paul, as I also said before, has some good ideas but he is still a Republican party member. This makes his true goals suspect, as I suspect any member of the DC Millionaires' Club.
Labeling folks who want to know more as "Truthers" is closed minded at best.
Here is a statement from a post on Hot Air.

Why do All these Truthers Keep Thinking I’m One of Them?
by Ron Paul
Look, I’m not a hateful person or anything—I believe we should all live and let live. But lately, I’ve been having a real problem with these Truthers. You see, just about wherever I go these days, one of them approaches me and starts talking about melted steel and conspiracies.
Take last Sunday, for instance, when I casually struck up a conversation with this guy who was attending one of my rallies. Nothing weird, just a couple of fellas talking about the gold standard and the true meaning of the Constitution. The guy looked like a real conservative, with the proper opinions and fervor for the cause. He didn’t seem the least bit crazy. At least not until he handed me a DVD with the movie “Loose Change” on it.
Where does this guy get the nerve to hand me that video? Did I look Truthery to him? Was I wearing a “Investigate 9/11″ t-shirt without realizing it? I don’t recall the phrase, “9/11 Truth” entering the conversation, and I don’t have a sign around my neck that reads, “Please, You Truthers, Talk to Me About Melting Steel.”
There are a lot of conspiracy nuts who are pushing for further investigation of 911. However, there are a lot of very credible individuals who are calling for a re-investigation of the collapse. Dismissing these individuals smells like a cover-up, or a total lack of care for finding the truth and protecting the public safety.
That's not somebody I would vote for in any election.
Paul should spend some time while he is on the Internet at Architects and Engineers for 911 Truth. He might actually start to open his mind.

Labels: , , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page