Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Rove Must Be Watching.......
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Monday, July 23, 2007

Rove Must Be Watching.......

This may seem like an odd post, but read it through and then I will comment on its importance.
From ThinkProgress

Karl Rove writes to Moby.
Moby recently told Politico.com about how his mom once gave a baby up for adoption and he therefore has a half-brother somewhere. “I jokingly said, ‘Maybe it’s Karl Rove,’” Moby said. After the story appeared online, Moby said he received a letter from the White House:

“The envelope looked as if it was from 1952,” he said. The letter was from Rove and said, “Dear Moby (or is that Mr. Moby), It’s not me. I have no musical ability and am 19 years older (assuming you’re 37). So you can breathe easier. On the other hand, James Carville is musically inclined and bald, too. Do you like crawfish etouffee?” Moby, a liberal vegan, wrote us, “Needless to say I was a bit stunned. A letter from President Bush’s brain? The man without whom [Bush] would be doing the alligator on the floor of a Hooters in Biloxi? I was also a bit stunned because the letter was funny.”

So, as Moby said, it is kind of an amusing letter. I guess it's easy to be humorous when your conquering the world. It strikes me that, if they ever start a new Star Trek series, Rove should be cast as the Praetor of the Romulan Empire.
Enough fun, the point is, Rove or his assistants are actually watching the Internet for stuff related to him and presumably his boss.
How does he do it?
I am a dedicated reader of Internet news and I totally missed the Moby article.
Am I crazy in asking the question, does Karl do this on his own time with his own computer and Internet access, or does Karl utilize the NSA and other gov't resources to catch this stuff?
If Rove is paying attention to stuff this mild and unimportant(apologies to Moby, but I'm sure he will agree), doesn't it make sense that he's tracking who is saying what about more important issues, like the destruction of our Republic and the opposition to it?
Are we all being added to a Rove list for later action?
If he takes the time to write Moby about this, what will he have in store for those of us who recognize his fundamental role in dismantling our Constitution?

Labels: , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page