Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: I welcome contempt charges, but they ain't gonna cut it
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Monday, July 23, 2007

I welcome contempt charges, but they ain't gonna cut it

yeah, i agree, contempt charges are long overdue and must be filed...
Former White House Counsel Harriet Miers and Joshua Bolten, the current Chief of Staff to President George W. Bush, will likely be charged with contempt by the House Judiciary Committee on Wednesday this week.

"This investigation, including the reluctant but necessary decision to move forward with contempt, has been a very deliberative process, taking care at each step to respect the Executive Branch’s legitimate prerogatives,” said Rep. John Conyers (D-MI), chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, in a statement. "I've allowed the White House and Ms. Miers every opportunity to cooperate with this investigation, either voluntarily or under subpoena. It is still my hope that they will reconsider this hard-line position, and cooperate with our investigation so that we can get to the bottom of this matter."

but, with the white house anonymously announcing last week that it would direct the doj NOT to proceed with the prosecution of contempt of congress charges, the only rational option left is inherent contempt (see here, here, and here)... waiting for the contempt of congress charges to work their way through the obstacles the bush administration is throwing up at every turn is only delaying the inevitable... inherent contempt charges should be drawn up immediately and bolten and miers arrested forthwith... we simply can't afford this kind of delay...

Labels: , , , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page