Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: We're being studied and manipulated like lab rats
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Sunday, June 24, 2007

We're being studied and manipulated like lab rats



today's nyt...
President Bush has turned the executive branch into a two-way mirror. They get to see everything Americans do: our telephone calls, e-mail, and all manner of personal information. And we get to see nothing about what they do.

yeah...? and...?
Governments have to keep secrets. But this administration has grossly abused that trust, routinely using claims of national security to hide policies that are immoral and almost certainly illegal, to avoid embarrassment, and to pursue Mr. Bush’s dreams of an imperial presidency.

ferchrissake, nyt... you're laying out a thumbnail sketch of an out-of-control, criminal presidential administration, and THAT'S your conclusion...? how about a CALL TO ACTION, fercryinoutloud...? i'm tired of sitting around, blogging my ass off, wringing my hands, bemoaning the fate of my country...

WHEN THE HELL
ARE WE GOING TO
DO
SOMETHING...?

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page