Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Too bad impeachment is so inconvenient, Al, you coulda been a contender
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Too bad impeachment is so inconvenient, Al, you coulda been a contender

You don't understand! I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am.

Marlon Brando as Terry Malloy in
On The Waterfront

i'm crossing off Al Gore... evidently, impeachment would be too "inconvenient..."

i'm not necessarily looking for somebody to step forward and lead an impeachment effort, but i am damn sure looking for somebody to step forward and be willing to label the current situation in the united states for what it is, the most serious constitutional crisis in the nation's history...

Former US vice president Al Gore, a staunch critic of George W Bush, has said he doesn't agree with calls for impeaching the president due to lack of "time" and "consensus."

Many democrats feel that Bush should be impeached for allegedly misleading the country deliberately in the lead up to the war in Iraq.

"With a year and a half to go in his term and with no consensus in the nation as a whole to support such a proposition, any realistic analysis of that as a policy option would lead one to question the allocation of time and resources," Gore said during an interview with PBS.

Pressed on whether he believed that impeachment is a good use of time, Gore replied, "I don't think it is. I don't think it would be successful."

i don't really care whether or not he supports actual impeachment... what i do care a great deal about is that someone who purports to be a serious leader on the national level, whether or not he ends up running for president, can stand before the citizens of this country and call a spade a spade... al obviously isn't going to do that... furthermore, in the same interview, when he was given a SECOND opportunity to label what has taken place since the 12 december 2000 scotus decision, he said this...
On being asked whether he threw the towel in too soon in the 2000 presidential elections, where he narrowly lost to Bush, Gore said he had taken the fight as far as he could, and the only other option left was a "violent revolution".

"I took it all the way to a final Supreme Court decision. And in our system, there is no intermediate step between a final Supreme Court decision and violent revolution. So, at that point, having taken it as far as one could, then the question becomes, are we going to be a nation of laws and not people?" Gore replied.

"Do I support the rule of law, even though I disagree with the Supreme Court's decision? I did disagree with it, and I think that those of us who disagreed with it will have the better of the argument in history," he added.

let me ask you, al... if you were standing in shit up to your eyeballs, would you call it shit or would you call it "inconvenient...?"

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page