Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: I'm discouraged
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Friday, May 11, 2007

I'm discouraged

i know it's temporary and will pass, but, i gotta tell ya, i've just finished my early morning news skim and all i see is a bleak vista of a country and a presidential administration headed rapidly downhill with all the speed and power of an out-of-control freight train... from the account of robert greenwald's congressional testimony on war profiteering in alternet (drawn from his movie, "Iraq For Sale: The War Profiteers"), to our lying attorney general and world bank president, both of whom still hold office, to the iraq war funding bill passed yesterday that bush says he'll veto, to the two-star general saying that the hadita massacre didn't deserve an investigation, to darth continuing to lie about the iraq run-up, to democrats climbing in bed with bush on free trade, to the totally bullshit story about bush (again) being open to compromise, this time on iraq benchmarks, WHERE, i would like to know, is the reason for optimism...?

p.s. i'll get over it... i have a half-day drive ahead of me to a smaller town where i begin teaching a graduate class this evening... it'll keep my mind off of doom and gloom and might even improve my outlook, who knows...

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page