Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Dear Bill Richardson,
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Dear Bill Richardson,

bill richardson has a new tv ad and he's soliciting comments here...



Dear Bill,

The ad is terrific. I really like it, but you're going to have to do more than clever, cute ads to get my vote.

I lived in New Mexico when you were the Congressman for my district and I had the distinct impression at the time that you had a Big Plan for your Political Career, that you were always on the lookout for the Next Big Job that you could add to your resume, and that you wouldn't rest until you could have a shot at The Big Enchilada. That's not a bad thing, to be sure, but let me offer you some thoughts about what I would like from you.

We have a criminal cabal that is occupying the White House. They gained office on the strength of a silent coup d'etat authorized by the Supreme Court decision of 12 December 2000. They have been systematically trampling on the Constitution and the very foundation of the Republic ever since. I would like very much that whoever gets sworn into office on 20 January 2009 NOT do so with the signing statements, the Military Commissions Act, the Patriot Act, the wholesale violations of FISA and the 4th Amendment, the spurning of the Geneva Conventions by authorizing torture, the CIA black prison sites, extraordinary rendition, and the repudiation of anything resembling the balance of powers, still in place. These things have made the country that I thought I knew virtually unrecognizable.

How do you intend to speak out on these things in your campaign, Governor Richardson? If you would like to court my vote, you will have to do so and LOUDLY, VERY loudly. To date, I haven't heard more than a tiny peep.

Sincerely,

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page