Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Awwwwww... Wolfie says he's getting SMEARED...
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Monday, April 30, 2007

Awwwwww... Wolfie says he's getting SMEARED...

i simply cannot fathom how he could think that... when george made the nomination, the world financial community was very unhappy about it... his tenure so far has been marked by cronyism and chronic employee dissatisfaction... he has assiduously tried to impose an ideological agenda on the bank... and we haven't even gotten to the girlfriend problem yet... but SMEARED...? uh, no... i don't think so...
Embattled World Bank president Paul Wolfowitz said Monday he was the victim of a trumped up "smear campaign" aimed at forcing him to resign his position.

And signalling his intention to fight allegations that he improperly pushed a generous pay package for his girlfriend, the World Bank chief said he would not quit amid such "bogus charges."

"The goal of this smear campaign, I believe, is to create a self-fulfilling prophecy that I am an ineffective leader and must step down for that reason alone," Wolfowitz said in a statement to a World Bank investigatory committee.

"I, for one, will not give into such tactics," the former Pentagon deputy defense secretary vowed, as the panel met to weigh Wolfowitz's actions.

"And, I will not resign in the face of a plainly bogus charge of conflict of interest," he stressed.

and, remember, all of the above has come AFTER his major role in championing and leading the united states into an illegal war in iraq, along with his buds, cheney, feith and perle... he doesn't need to be smeared... the facts are plain...

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page