Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Gettin' outta Dodge (fer a while, anyway)
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Gettin' outta Dodge (fer a while, anyway)

this past wednesday, i posted about needing a break from my obsession with the slow-motion train wreck that's consuming my country... you would think that being over 6000 miles away would be enough, but, as we all know, broadband internet ain't just for breakfast any more... besides, i do feel an obligation to this weblog, not because of my vast readership, but because i believe that putting out the truth, even if it's only for me, is something all of us are obligated to do in this world... still, when the smell of burning insulation fills the air, it's time to pay attention...

i am headed to far nw argentina, specifically the city of salta, for a week... i've only visited one other area of the country so far - bariloche - and i'm eager to see more... salta's nickname in argentina is salta la linda - salta the beautiful - and it's supposed to be a special place... even more special will be sharing it with friends, one of whose mother lives there, and, as i understand it, mom makes killer tamales...! :)

the red asterisks on the map indicate the three places i will have under my belt at the conclusion of this trip... the distance to salta is approximately 1500km, about the same distance as to bariloche, and, as with bariloche, this will be a driving trip...

having said all this, i do expect to be making occasional posts, and, yes, i AM taking my laptop... after all, i'm just taking a break, not entering re-hab...!




yes, argentina is a BIG country... 7th largest in the world, in fact... and, yes, there WILL be pictures...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page