Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Burnin' out...!
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Burnin' out...!

this afternoon was one of those spectacular afternoons that are a regular feature of argentina and buenos aires... there's something about the intensity and quality of the light and the brilliance of the blue sky that is almost indescribable... i walked through some neighborhoods, lay in the grass in one park, sat for a while in another, people-watched, and generally let the sun shine through the gloom engendered by following world events, particularly those in my home country...

i realized that, as much as i am dedicated to putting the truth out there, i can smell my own insulation burning... it's time to pull back a bit... i'm certainly not going to stop blogging, but i may take some time away or at least reduce the narrowness of my focus for a while... i'm thinking of taking a long drive to the northwest part of the country, up by the bolivian border, supposedly home to spectacular rock formations, canyons, and arizona/utah-like landscapes... sound good...? i think so... anyway, i'll let you know what i decide to do...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page