Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Yeah, that's about the way I see things too...
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Yeah, that's about the way I see things too...

jay elias at daily kos posted this diary, entitled "so very tired..."
I wish that the people who get paid to report the news and inform the public did their jobs well enough that there was nothing new I could tell anyone. I wish the political left in this country was less arrogant and the political right less retarded. I wish all of us, myself included, were quite a bit more humble. I wish that I didn't have the feeling I have before every election which is that I understand the game and how it has to be played; I just can't believe we're all stuck playing such a stupid fucking game.

[...]

So in a few weeks, I'm going to drag my ass out of bed even earlier on a Tuesday morning, and bring myself over to the local community center where Narcotics Anonymous has its Tuesday meetings and I'll vote, which any economist will tell me doesn't really make any difference because the odds of any election being actually competitive where I live is statistically meaningless. And I'll still feel a little good about that, in spite of having little affection for the vast majority of people I'll be voting for, if for no other reason than because far better people than I have fought and died for this simple right.

[...]

And no matter what happens with the results of that election, not that much will change. Our kids in our cities still won't learn as well as they should, and we'll all still owe several trillion dollars to the Chinese.

[...]

The stakes are astronomically high, and the game we're playing for them is so retarded, I feel like I'm trapped in an episode of Deal or No Deal. It is all I can do to remember that I want the prize more than I want Howie Mandel just to shut the fuck up.

i sent off my absentee ballot on wednesday and, as much as i don't like to do it, i voted a straight party ticket... there's a lot on the dem side that gives me heartburn but nothing compared to the r's making my head explode... with mere weeks to go, my thoughts turn more and more often to wondering about the october surprise...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page