Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: VA Hospitals
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Friday, September 01, 2006

VA Hospitals

i am extremely fortunate... if it wasn't for va health care, i would be among the growing ranks of americans without health insurance... and, credit where credit is due, it was through the urging of my daughter-in-law that i dragged myself in to the va hospital to get signed up, believing that i wasn't eligible for care...
For the sixth year in a row, VA hospitals last year scored higher than private facilities on the University of Michigan's American Customer Satisfaction Index, based on patient surveys on the quality of care received. The VA scored 83 out of 100; private institutions, 71. Males 65 years and older receiving VA care had about a 40% lower risk of death than those enrolled in Medicare Advantage, whose care is provided through private health plans or HMOs, according to a study published in the April edition of Medical Care. Harvard University just gave the VA its Innovations in American Government Award for the agency's work in computerizing patient records.

i went in with no small degree of trepidation, having heard for years of the abysmal condition of veterans health care... to my surprise, i experienced a better standard of medical care than i had when i was under a group health plan and had access to the so-called "best..." i am glad to see the va health system, to which i now feel proud to belong, getting its due...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page