Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: The first full day of spring in Buenos Aires
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Friday, September 22, 2006

The first full day of spring in Buenos Aires

and the davis cup semi-final has been halted by rain...
David Nalbandian swept past Mark Philippoussis 6-4 6-3 6-3 to give Argentina a 1-0 lead over Australia in their Davis Cup semi-final.



Out my front window, 5:30 p.m., Friday

yesterday was the first day of spring in the southern hemisphere and i learned something new about life here in buenos aires... as i headed to the train yesterday morning, i was aware of dozens and dozens of young people headed there with me, a few carrying musical instruments and others carrying full backpacks, but they weren't headed to school... i found out later that the tradition on the first day of spring is for kids, parents, teens, everyone, in fact, to head to the parks for picnics, and then to buy bouquets of flowers on the way home... cool, huh...? it was a gorgeous day, but, today, the clouds rolled in and, right now, we are having the first rain of spring, and the first we've seen for a number of weeks... a nice change...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page